The year-end season sales are right around the corner and I’m pretty sure many of you folks would be interested in buying a new camera for capturing your lovely moments. Digital Cameras are something that fascinates everybody, be it a professional photographer or an amateur. I had a Nikon D40 several years ago when I was studying Visual Communication. I used to experiment a lot with it. And now the camera is dead and I am unable to fix it as the model is no longer available on the market. After trying Nikon D40, Sony Alpha 650, Sony RX 100 and DJI Pocket 2, I’ve figured that there’s a camera for every situation. Here are some of the best digital cameras to buy this year!
In this article…
Best DSLR Digital Cameras
So I thought of sharing the top 10 list of best DSLR cameras as I am also in search of one.
Some of the trends in digital cameras this year include:
1. Increased megapixel count
2. More advanced autofocus
3. Improved low-light performance
4. Greater video quality
5. Enhanced connectivity
My current favorite digital camera for daily use is Sony RX 100 (point and shoot) because it is easy to use and carry around.
Here are some of the best digital cameras to consider buying!
Canon EOS R3
The Canon EOS R3 is a high-end DSLR camera that was released in July 2020. It features a full-frame sensor with a resolution of 45 megapixels, 4K video recording, and a top ISO of 102400. The camera is also equipped with Canon’s Dual Pixel CMOS AF system, which offers fast and accurate autofocus.
It is the successor to the Canon EOS R and Canon EOS R5 cameras. The R3 is a professional-grade camera that is aimed at sports and action photographers. It has a 45-megapixel full-frame sensor and can shoot up to 30 frames per second with no blackout. It also has built-in 5-axis image stabilization and can shoot 4K video at up to 60 frames per second. The Canon EOS R3 is a very versatile camera that can be used for a variety of photography genres.
There are pros and cons to any camera, and the Canon EOS R3 is no different. Some of the pros of this camera include its high-resolution sensor, great autofocus system, and advanced video features. However, some of the cons include its high price tag and lack of built-in flash.
Sony Alpha ILCE-7RM4A
The Sony Alpha ILCE-7RM4A is a high-end mirrorless camera that features a 42.4-megapixel Exmor R CMOS sensor, BIONZ X image processor, 5-axis in-body image stabilization, 4K video recording, and a 0.5-inch 3.69 million dot OLED electronic viewfinder. It also has a 3.0-inch 1.44 million dot tilting LCD screen, dual SD card slots, USB 3.1 Type-C connector, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
The Sony Alpha ILCE-7RM4A is a high-end mirrorless camera that offers excellent image quality, 4K video recording, and a robust feature set. However, it is also quite expensive, and its autofocus system is not as advanced as some of its competitors.
Nikon Digital Camera Z 30
The Nikon Digital Camera Z 30 is a high-end digital camera that offers a variety of features for the photographer. It has a large sensor that allows for high-quality images, as well as a variety of lens options to choose from. It also has a fast autofocus system and a variety of shooting modes to choose from.
-The Nikon Z 30 is a very lightweight and compact camera, making it easy to carry around with you.
-The camera has a large sensor, which allows for better image quality.
-The camera is very easy to use, with a simple menu system.
-The camera has built-in Wi-Fi, which allows you to easily share your photos and videos with your friends and family.
-The Nikon Z 30 does not have a viewfinder, so you have to compose your shots using the LCD screen.
– The camera’s battery life is not great, and you will need to recharge it frequently.
-The camera’s autofocus system can be slow and sometimes inaccurate.
It has been two years since Nikon introduced its D4 series.
The Nikon D4s is a professional DSLR camera that was released in February of 2014. It features a 16.2-megapixel full-frame sensor, an ISO range of 100-25600 (expandable to 409600), a 51-point autofocus system, 10fps shooting, and 1080p video recording, and a 3.2″ LCD screen. The camera is also weather-sealed and has dual CF and XQD memory card slots.
- This camera is featured 16 megapixels full-frame CMOS sensor
- Also has an expandable ISO setting ( 50 – 409,600 equivalent).
- The raw size has been reduced to 8 MP
- 1080/60p video for up to 10 mins at 42Mbps or 20 mins at 24Mbps
- The camera body grip is amazing.
- Another important feature worth mentioning is its ability to automatically set the ISO while in manual mode.
Nikon D4s are best suited to capture wildlife photography and portraits. The clarity of this camera is amazing. The biggest advantage is the expandable ISO. The con that I can see in this camera is its price. The camera is available to you at Rs.3,48,555.
Why is this chosen as one of the best cameras of 2016? Because of its high-quality image in a consumer-level DSLR.
The Nikon D810 is a professional DSLR camera that was released in 2014. It features a 36.3 megapixel FX-format CMOS sensor and has no optical low-pass filter. It is capable of shooting full HD 1080p video at up to 60 frames per second, and can also shoot in the new RAW 4:2:2 10-bit Nikon format. It has a 51-point autofocus system with 15 cross-type sensors and a maximum ISO of 12,800. The camera is also equipped with Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity.
- This has an impressive image quality with a 36.3 MP full-frame image sensor.
- What makes this camera versatile is the capability to capture photos in RAW, JPEG, and TIFF images.
- Very accurate autofocus and pretty fast functioning.
- This camera is much quieter than the D800 and D800E, which is great news for weddings, reportage, and documentary photography.
- Better and brighter optical viewfinder.
- The Nikon D810 has a different grip that is slightly narrower and yet deeper for more comfortable hand-holding.
Nikon D810 has a greater buffer size which is great news for photographers, especially while taking action and sports photography. This is a good bet for a serious business and it’s available in the market for Rs.1,99,950.
Canon EOS Rebel T6i
This is considered the best camera for beginners. This is an inexpensive camera with above-average image quality. Canon has targeted this camera against first time camera buyers.
The Canon EOS Rebel T6i is a digital single-lens reflex camera with a body-only weight of 1.039 kg (2.3 lb). It was announced by Canon on February 6, 2015 with a suggested retail price of US$749.99. The T6i is the successor to the Canon EOS Rebel T5i, and is part of Canon’s entry/mid-level digital SLR camera line.
The T6i features a 24.2-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor, DIGIC 6 image processor, ISO 100-12,800 standard sensitivity (expandable to 25,600), 3.0-inch vari-angle touchscreen LCD with 1,040,000 dots, full HD 1080p video recording at 30 fps or 60 fps, built-in Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity, and a scene Intelligent Auto mode.
- Good image quality with 24.2MP.
- The camera will fit your hand well and doesn’t carry excessive weight.
- The display screen articulates and has touch capabilities.
- The camera’s Wi-Fi features are clumsy and drain the battery quickly
This camera is great for outdoor shooting and trying out some creative photography by adjusting the shutter speed. The market price for this one is Rs.55,000.
In 2013, Nikon D7100 was released and it was one of the sought-after DSLR cameras in India. But its predecessor D7200 has nothing more to offer other than a larger buffer, improved autofocus performance in low light, 60p video, Wi-Fi with NFC, and 15% better battery life.
- There is no optical low pass filter and the image quality is about 24.2 MP.
- Comes with ISO 100-25,600, with ISO 51,200 and 102,400 black and white modes.
- 1/8000 sec maximum shutter speed
- The camera body is magnesium alloy weather sealed.
- The buffer size has improved and this is good for those who want to click multiple shots or take burst shots.
The camera is best for action or sports photography. The price of this beauty is Rs. 65,325.
This camera is best for a professional photographer. What makes it different from Nikon D7200? This is the lightest weighted camera with excellent specifications. Hence, it is called a compact SLR.
- Its image quality and continuous AF are impressive
- This is good for anyone who is seeking a lightweight DSLR that can serve both point-and-shoot and advanced users.
- It comes with a fully articulating screen.
Why would you choose D5500 over D7200?
- The Nikon D5500 is 345g lighter than D7200.
- It has better ISO performance which is apt for a low-light environment.
- Of course, the price is cheaper.
- D5500 comes with a selfie-friendly LCD. Wow! what else do we need?
This camera is available to you in the market for Rs.42,360.
This camera has amazing positive reviews and is one of the best sellers.
- A68 features Sony’s unique ‘4D FOCUS system’. This helps in delivering extraordinary AF performance under any shooting conditions – even in low lighting where other cameras struggle.
- Looking for an incredibly affordable camera for shooting some action? Sony A68 has a wide area AF with predictive tracking that captures fast-moving objects.
- The highlight of the camera is Sony’s translucent mirror technology, which enables fast shooting with the continuous use of accurate phase detection AF.
- It features a tiltable LCD screen to clearly shoot at max.135 degrees up and 55 degrees down.
Amazing isn’t it? This camera is best for shooting beautiful landscapes, sports, and portraits. All these you get for just Rs.55,990.
This is pretty much an entry-level D-SLR camera.
- Lightweight and compact
- Captures fast action with a maximum of 5 fps and high-speed continuous shooting.
- It has a wide and clearer optical viewfinder which helps in tracking moving objects fast.
- The ISO ranged from 100-25,600.
Another affordable camera was added to my list. This is priced at Rs.29,950.
Why would you choose Nikon D3300 over Nikon D5500?
Obviously less expensive than Nikon D5500. Stitches multiple shots to make it a panoramic view and faster raw image capturing. But of course, you get to lose out on many other amazing features that D5500 offers like a tiltable screen, the touch screen just like smartphones, and better-autofocusing capability. Never mind! both have unique features that bring out the best quality images. You can buy what you can afford to.
Yes! I know many of you might have not heard about this camera before. This may not be the best in terms of sales but this one of its complete weatherproofing, along with the speed of shooting, which makes it a good entry-segment option.
- A sturdy body that can withstand torture.
- Offers good image quality
- This is good enough for a beginner to start learning the basics of photography.
Why is Pentax K-52 not so famous?
It does not have enough refined qualities to face the tough competition from Nikon and Canon. The video clarity is bad and the has an amateurish interface.
Why is it heavy?
Pentax k-52 has similar dimensions as that of Nikon D5500. But there is a reason why it is heavier than that. Pentax k-52 can be used for shooting in a dusty environment or even completely submerge it underwater. All buttons, ports, viewfinder, and every single element on the surface have been proofed and sealed, and this may come very useful for shooting in extreme conditions. The price of this product is Rs.53,395
Sony Alpha A 99
This model is one of the flagship models of Japanese camera makers.
- It features an electronic viewfinder rather than the optical one.
- Built-in GPS
- ISO range of 100-25,600
- Excellent stabilization built in for video
- This is one of the lightweight DSLRs mainly due to the lack of a moving prism and viewfinder.
Best for shooting at night, portraits, and landscape. The price of this model is Rs.149,599.
Sony Alpha 77 M2
The name itself says all. This is an overhaul of the original Sony A77 from 2011.
- The auto ISO customization is something that is one of the highlights of this model.
- 860 x 480 LCD tilts and rotates viewfinder.
- Weatherproof and magnesium alloy body.
- Built-in Wi-Fi with NFC
- The Alpha 77 II employs Translucent Mirror Technology and offers some advantages for wildlife photography like faster capture rates and a more sophisticated AF system with 79 points, 15 of which are cross-type.
The price of this model is Rs 57,594.
Great! Now you all have a bunch of options to choose from. If you are a very outdoorsy person and love nature you should definitely choose one of the Nikon or Sony cameras. For any portrait or food or macros, Canon would be the best choice.
Now here are a few tips to note before you buy your camera:
- Decide what you actually want. If you are just looking at one which can be used for just point and shoot. You can go for a normal SLR.
- It is always necessary to be realistic about how serious you are about photography. Hence, invest accordingly.
- The weight and portability of the camera are very important. Heavy cameras are inconvenient if you are just not serious about photography and is planning to be just home. Also never think that weight is directly proportional to the quality of the image.
- Check the sensor and pixel rates before buying a camera.
- Never go by the promotions and advertisements. Always look out for reviews before you buy a camera, for example, reviews from websites, user experiences, etc.
- If you are thinking about buying a DSLR or a compact system camera take time to see what lenses are available and the prices for each of them. It’s no good buying the body and then discovering that you can’t afford that long lens you want.
Best Affordable Digital Camera
There are a few different types of digital cameras that are considered to be the best affordable options this year. These include the Canon EOS Rebel T6i, the Nikon D3300, and the Sony Alpha a6000. Each of these cameras offers a variety of features that make them a great choice for anyone on a budget.
What to Look for when buying a Digital Camera
Some things to keep in mind when buying a digital camera in 2022 include:
- The megapixel count of the camera. A higher megapixel count means that the camera can take higher-quality photos.
- The type of sensor that the camera has. A CMOS sensor is typically better than a CCD sensor.
- The size of the camera. A smaller camera is usually more convenient to carry around, but it may have fewer features than a larger camera.
- The price of the camera. A more expensive camera does not necessarily mean that it is of better quality.
Best Digital Camera for Beginners
The best digital cameras for beginners in 2022 are the Canon EOS Rebel T7i and the Nikon D5600. These cameras offer excellent image quality, easy-to-use controls, and a variety of features that will help you take great photos.
Best entry-level digital cameras
The best entry-level digital cameras in 2022 will be those that offer the best combination of features and value for money. Some of the key factors to look for include megapixel count, sensor size, autofocus system, video capabilities, and price.
Are you planning to buy a new digital camera? Let me know in the comments.
You might find these articles interesting
- None Found