If you’re looking to go cashless and switch to a cashless mobile payment system, this is the best time to. Ever since Narendra Modi has endorsed citizens of India to embrace cashless society, everyone is looking for better and easy ways to make payments online and on their mobile phones. Luckily, there are several digital and mobile payment systems in India today that will let you do just that.
PayTM is one such mobile payment system that will help you make all kinds of payments online and through your mobile phone even at local vendors. In this post, I’ll explain about how PayTM works and how you can you use it your advantage.
What is PayTM?
PayTM is an online bill payment and mobile payment system, rolled in to one. Don’t get scared reading those words. Basically, what it means is that you can now pay all your utility bills (electricity bills, mobile bills etc) online without cash. Also, pay local shops too without cash. Let’s take a deeper look.
How to use PayTM?
First off, if you are trying to pay your bills online, you just have to go their website here – http://www.paytm.com
You will be able to make the following types of payments.
- Mobile recharge > For all prepaid and postpaid accounts, you can recharge online (you just have to know the number).
- DTH sate4llite TV bill payments – All DTH services including AirTel, DishTV, Reliance, Sun Direct, Videocon and Tata Sky
- Electricity Bills – If you know the customer number for any of the following electricity boards, you can make the payments online via PayTM > Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation, Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitaran Nigam, Uttar Gijarat Vij, Torrent Power Limited, Telangana State Southern Power Distribution Company Limited, Tata Power Mumbai, Tata Power DDL, South Bihar Power Distribution, SNDL Nagpur, Reliance Energy Mumbai, Paschim Gujrat Vij, North Bihar Power Distribution, Noida Power Company LTD, Muzaffurpur Vidyut Vitaran LTD, Madhya Gujarat Vij, Madhya Pradesh Poorva Kshetra Vidyut Vikaran LTD, Madhya Pradesh Madhya Kshetra Vidyut Vikaran LTD, Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Co Ltd, Jodhpur Vidyut Vitran Nigam, Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam, Dakshin Haryana Bijli Vitaran Nigam, Calcutta Electric Supply Corporation, Bhagalpur Electricity Distribution Company, Bangalore Electricity Supply Company, Ajmer Vidyut Vitran Nigam, BSES Rajdhani Delhi, BSES Yamuna Delhi
- Internet Datacards – You can pay monthly bills for most of the leading internet data cards available in India today.
- Telephone Landline & Broadband Internet Bills – You can also pay telephone bills of all the major telephone service providers in India including, ACT Broadband, AirTel, BSNL, Connect, MTNL Delhi, MTNL Mumbai, MTS, Reliance, Tata
- Gas Bills – Through PayTM, you can also pay bills of the following gas agencies. Adani Gas Ltd, Mahnagar Gas and Siti Energy Ltd
- School Fees – Through PayTM you can pay school and college fees of some of the most leading schools and universities online.
- Pay Insurance premium online – With PayTM you can pay fees and premiums for some of the most leading insurance agencies online including, Birla Sun Life Insurance, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, IndiaFirst Life Insurance, Reliance General Insurance, Reliance Nippon General Insurance, Religare Health Insurance, SBI General Insurance Ltd, Tata AIA Life Insurance
- Recharge Metro Cards – You can also recharge your metro cards via PayTM including Delhi and Mumbai Metro.
- Water bills – PayTM currently allows you to pay water utility bills from Delhi Jal board and will be adding more to the list soon.
How to make payments with PayTM?
Other than the bills and utility payments mentioned above, how can you use PayTM to make payments to your local stores?
The good thing is that PayTM is getting popular day by day and more and more merchants are accepting PayTM payments. So all you have to do it two things.
One, install the PayTM Mobile Wallet app on your smartphone. They have both iOS and Android versions, just choose yours and install it on your app.
Second, attach your bank accounts to it. You can attach bank accounts from major banks to your PayTM account. You will need to share the login and password and authorize the PayTM app to use your bank account. No worries on this as every transaction will have to be authorized by you before processing.
When you go a local merchant, if they accept PayTM, they will either have a QR code (those black and white squares) or tell you how much the price is. If they have a QR code, just scan the QR code using your PayTM account and it will automatically fill the payment options (seller name, number, amount etc). You just have to verify the details and click “Send Money”.
If the merchant (shop owner) gives you the bill or tell you how much you have to pay them. You can click on “Send Money” option and fill in the details. i.e number, amount etc. (See screenshot).
All transactions will have verified details sent to you as receipt.
So, there you have it. Using PayTM is super easy. All you have to do is download the app and attach your bank accounts to load cash into it. Once done, just find merchants (shops) that will accept PayTM. Then you can pay the amount by QR code or mobile to mobile. Good thing is that, PayTM is getting popular by the day and more and more shop keepers including petrol stations and even chai wallahs are accepting PayTM.
All the best!
2 thoughts on “How to use PayTM”
Glad you found it useful.
Thanks for sharing useful information.