India is special, I mean, she is so unique in her own way that someone who visits her for the first time will totally be bowled over by her crazyness !
From the ‘newspaper wala’ (newspaper vendor) at the traffic lights, to the matrix defeating electricity wires, only India can survive in its own mess.
India is organized uniquely in the chaos and that’s what makes her special!
And there are some fun moments there in, check them out!
Disclaimer : None of these pics are owned, clicked or attributed to me. Neither could I find original attributable sources to them. If you happen to know, please let me know and I’d be glad to add. Peace!
In this article...
1. Small family, happy family.
2. An Albino family in India.
3. We do some crazy stuff like this.
4. F*ck the Harley Tribe. We drive it our way!
5. We’re always ready to lend a helping hand, or leg.
6. Our best copywriters write on auto rickshaws (Tuk tuks?)
7. No, this guy is not in the reserve, he’s on our streets.
8. Bad Ass guys in Punjab do sh*t like this, once a while, when bored.
9. Our mighty temples. Some of them carved out of a single rock and thousands of years old!
10. A pic from old India. Sad.
11. Pretty much sums up, what we think of each other.
12. The magnificient Taj Mahal.
13. We believe in decorating things, and don’t spare even camels.
14. And you thought its only about snake charmers.
15. A mom being carried by her son on his shoulders.
16. We consider cows holy, so much that they’re welcome home.
17. The only thing that unites all of India is cricket.
18. Forget the Taj, we have some amazing temples with some crazy ass architecture.
19. Diwali, the festival of lights.
20. Talking about helping hands, you aren’t surprised seeing this. Are you?
21. Now, you’ll see dogs, monkeys doing tricks like this on the streets of India. Sad.
22. Electric posts. Got. To. Be. Messy.
23. An elephant dies, hit by train while crossing. This is how we pay tribute.
24. Classes taken for under priviliged children, under a bridge.
25. Meditating on the banks of Ganga.
26. We may be competitive, but we love our animal friends too.
27. The Golden Temple – Yes, built of real gold.
28. The mighty himalayas.
29. Just resting atop the himalayas, beside a stream.
30. We celebrate everything. Diwali is the celebration of lights, Holi is the celebration of colors.
31. We have a thing about dressing up our “pets”.
32. Talk about efficiency.
33. 3D painting on the road. India style!
34. The kind of stuff we do at our Republic day parade.
35. You a Starbucks fan? Only until you taste the “cutting chai”.
36. Something from our glorious past. Chess made of Ivory. Stuff is illegal today.
37. Another amazing temple architecture.
38. Damn it man! Facebook has an 18 yrs age limit.
39. Her mom put Kohl on her eyes to protect from “demons”.
40. Why should guys have all the fun.
41. And you only knew about Taj Mahal.
42. Spotted rarely in India – The Brick Man.
43. Martial Arts practice along the beach.
44. Another magnificient temple.
45. A monastery atop the Himalayas. Just for the fun of it.
47. This is not the pic of India on Diwali. Just a satellite image.
48. We believe in re-birth. Well, some of us.
49. Nice view from my balcony.
50. Elephants come in Pink too, in India.
51. We have social issues, esp the gender kind. And we protest. Sometimes differently.
52. Did we say, we value education.
53. Chillum. Yes pot.
54. Pretty girls from the Republic day parade.
55. Messages are received best when it comes from our Gods.
Photo courtesy – Pan Trinity Das, Waste Warriors
56. Yes, we still have Snake charmers.
57. Another temple – The Sun Temple, Konark.
59. The Taj hotel of the 26/11 attacks. Back in glory like a Phoenix bird.
60. Another temple.
61. We have our own ways to get around problems.
Photo by : Rangan Halder
44 thoughts on “64 Amazing Pictures of India That Reveal Her Real Flavor!”
Amazing collection .. thanks for sharing .. 🙂
Nice collection of pictures! 🙂 Just a thought on #17.. should we say Cricket is the ‘only’ thing that unites us?
55. Messages are received best when they come from our Gods. Received was misspelled and grammar was wrong.
Thanks for letting know Anusha. Appreciate it. 🙂
Nice pictures! The 3D painting was painted by an American 3D artist Tracy Lee Stum at VIT University. She was invited for the college culturals, Riviera in 2011. The road it was painted on is within the college campus.
Thanks for dropping by Jodie – Amazing effort there! I’d love to join you guys.
Awesome photos! Number 55 “Mother Earth is a Temple Not a Dustbin” is a creation by artist Pan Trinity Das (http://pantrinitydas.com). I recommend you look at the whole album on the Waste Warriors Facebook page. We’re working hard for a cleaner India and we’d love you to help! Check out http://www.wastewarriors.org for more info.
Thanks for letting know Rangan. Added the attribution appropriately. Nice shot! 🙂
The picture no. 62 named Dichotomy was shot by me last year in Prime arcade area of Surat. It shows two diff class/ discrimination/ mindset/ livehood of our country. you can also view it in my blog http://500px.com/rangan-innoVision
bro that elephant pic is from burma .. Your pics are great nice collection !
pics are really good,but where is south india…
It would have been great if you have also share the image source and credit to the individual photographer.
#29 is by Hari Menon. you can contact him through Facebook.
A very nice compilation….
No.40 is the Mahabat Maqbara Palace at Junagadh.
15 is a bull!! 😀
Great attempt but it would be nice if could also bring out the beauty and uniqueness of the North-East states since they are often ignored
One of the best image galleries I have come across. Will place it in the same league as any of the galleries of The Big Picture. Going to share it on my social networks as well.
But I would still like to point out that when the theme was unique pictures from India, including 6-7 pictures of temples seems out of place. 1 or 2 pictures of temples would have given the idea that we have temples with architecture worth visiting the place for. The remaining spots could have been allotted to more deserving unique aspects of India. Just my two cents on an otherwise splendid collection!
But may want consider covering a little of the north-east and the islands.
Very nice compilation!. What/Where is the structure in picture number 40?
I am here for almost 6 months and I am in love! <3
Superb Posters……Continue of sharing photos like this…..JAI HIND
Amazing collection! What is pic #40?
Amazinggg.. just loved it.. thanx 4 sharing ^_^
Awsum collection Mani. Makes me realize there is so much yet to discover in India
An excellent attempt to glimpse… to unseal the Essence of our wonderful nation to the world…
Of course there are many many many more photographs that remain to have been a part .
But this very attempt is a beautiful beginning… and complete in itself
My best wishes once again for the artistic attempt !!!
such an amazing collection ….. seriously loved it man
whoaaa…!! Mani, u have really summed it up with beautiful pictures, which speak more than a thousand words!
Which place is it at No. 40? the taj sort of look alike??
Amazing set of photographs! Just wanted to point out however, that ‘No.3’ has been repeated and the total count is 65. Minor technicalities aside, good work!
Not sure what Subhendu is talking about? I grew up watching the huge republic day parade that rolls through rajpath on tv.great work Mani, you got all right dude.
So glad to see the satellite image appropriately captioned. The Beware of Tigers pic is awesome! Do you happen to know which Park/Sanctuary/Reserve it is from?
This is really good!!!! Makes me Proud to be an Indian!!!
One thing is missing!!!!
Photos of our Brave Soldiers guarding Siachin Glacier (the world’s coldest Battlefield). Hats off to Indian Armed Forces. Jai Hind.
Amazing collection Mani. This stuff has already gone viral 🙂
very nice pics with some old age effects,…
Thanx to collect and share this………..
Thanks for bringing it to my attention Subhendu. 🙂
so beautiful . . . each and every pic. . .
Great album man ! Thoroughly enjoyed each photo ! Keep up the good work !
Beautiful compilation of photos…loved going through them
Good one. Must include some kerala greenery also.
How come this amazing post has no comments !
This is like Waaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooooo !
Mani, appreciate your love for the country, but confusing Republic Day with Independence Day betrays your lack of understanding of the country, too….
Loved it. thanks for sharing it with us.