Oh, the joy of online shopping. Click, click, boom – your favorite pair of shoes are on their way to you.
And the best part? You didn’t even have to change out of your pajamas.
But as with all good things in life, there’s an art to it.
So grab your cup of coffee, and let’s dive into 100 online shopping tips to save you money.
Online Shopping Tips to Save Money
- Sales and Discounts: Let’s start with the obvious. Sales are a godsend for budget shoppers. Websites like RetailMeNot or Groupon offer discounts and coupons for a variety of stores.
- Subscription Perks: Many e-commerce sites offer perks for subscribing to their newsletters, like one-time discounts or early access to sales. Just don’t get sucked into buying something you don’t need because it’s on sale.
- Abandoned Cart: Some online retailers will offer you a discount to nudge you to complete your purchase if you leave items in your shopping cart.
- Comparison Shopping: Just like you’d do in a physical store. Sites like PriceGrabber or Google Shopping can help you find the best price.
- Reward Programs: Look for sites that offer reward programs. The points add up, and you can exchange them for discounts or free items.
- Free Shipping: Always aim for free shipping. Some sites offer free shipping with a minimum purchase amount, so it might be worth adding an extra item instead of paying for shipping.
- Buy In Bulk: Consider buying non-perishable items in bulk. Online retailers often give discounts for larger quantities.
- Used or Refurbished Items: Sites like eBay or Amazon offer used or refurbished items that are often just as good as new ones, but at a fraction of the cost.
- Holiday Sales: If you can wait, holiday sales often offer massive discounts.
- Use Your Credit Card Rewards: Some credit cards offer points or cash back for purchases. Just make sure to pay off your balance each month.
- Incognito Mode: Using this mode on your browser can often help you score a lower price. Companies use your search data to inflate prices on items you’ve searched often.
- Return Policies: Always check the return policy. If it’s not free or easy to return, you might want to reconsider purchasing.
- Social Media: Following brands on social media can give you access to flash sales and exclusive deals.
- Review Club: Join a review club. Websites like Amazon have review programs where you can receive discounted items in exchange for a review.
- Check Out the Competition: If you like an item on a pricier website, check if a cheaper website carries it too.
- Purchase Off-Season: Prices for seasonal items drop significantly off-season. Buy your swimsuits in winter and your snow boots in summer.
- Use Apps: Some online stores have apps that give users exclusive discounts.
- Student Discounts: If you’re a student, make use of your status. Many stores offer student discounts.
- One-Day Sales: Keep an eye out for one-day sales. They can offer some fantastic discounts.
- Buy from the Source: Sometimes, buying directly from the brand’s website can be cheaper than buying from a retail site.
- Use Price Comparison Tools: Sites like PriceGrabber or Google Shopping can help you compare prices across different websites.
- Leave Items in Your Cart: If you’re not in a hurry to buy, leave items in your cart. Some companies will offer discounts to entice you to complete your purchase.
- Check Out the Sales Section: Always look for a sales or clearance section on the website. It’s a goldmine for bargain hunters.
- Get a Cash-Back Credit Card: If you do a lot of online shopping, it might be worth getting a credit card with cash back rewards.
- Sign Up for Newsletters: Most online stores offer a discount when you sign up for their newsletters. You can always unsubscribe later.
- Try Before You Buy: Some online stores offer ‘Try Before You Buy’ options, allowing you to only pay for what you keep.
- Price Drop Alerts: Some websites allow you to set price drop alerts for specific items.
- Loyalty Programs: Join loyalty programs if they’re free. They can offer exclusive discounts and rewards.
- Buy Used or Refurbished: Some websites offer used or refurbished items at significant discounts.
- Check for Online Coupons: Websites like RetailMeNot have tons of coupon codes for online stores.
How to Get Discounts When Shopping on Amazon
Ah, Amazon. The digital marketplace where you can get anything from a laptop to a live lobster.
It’s like the wild west of online shopping and an absolute dream for deal-hunters.
And if you’re reading this, it’s probably because you want to know how to be one of those savvy shoppers that always score discounts on Amazon, right?
Well, get ready to loosen up those clicking fingers and buckle up for the ride because I’m going to help you navigate the minefield of bargains that is Amazon.
- Amazon Prime: This is the number one trick in the Amazon discount playbook. It’s like a VIP pass to the party that is Amazon. With Prime, you get free two-day shipping, access to Prime Day deals, and other exclusive offers. And if you’re a student, you can get a six-month free trial.
- Today’s Deals: This is the pot of gold at the end of the Amazon rainbow. It’s where all the markdowns, clearance items, and overstocks hang out. You can find deals up to 70% off, refreshed every day.
- Lightning Deals: These are the discounts that happen faster than you can say “super-califragilistic-expialidocious.” They’re time-limited offers with a certain number of claimable discounts. Keep an eye on them because when they’re gone, they’re really gone.
- Amazon Coupons: Yeah, Amazon has coupons. Bet you didn’t know that! It’s like clipping coupons from a newspaper, but without the pesky paper cuts. Just click on the coupon and it gets applied to your purchase.
- Subscribe and Save: If there’s something you buy regularly, use the “Subscribe and Save” option. You’ll get a discount, and it’ll be delivered on your schedule.
- Amazon Warehouse: This is where Amazon’s returned and refurbished items live. They’ve been inspected and graded to ensure quality, and you can snag them for a fraction of their original price.
- Amazon Outlet: This is where Amazon banishes its overstocked items. The deals you can find here can make your head spin.
- Price Tracking Tools: Websites like CamelCamelCamel or Honey can track prices on Amazon and notify you when they drop.
- Amazon Credit Card: If you’re a frequent Amazon shopper, consider getting an Amazon Credit Card. You can earn up to 5% back on Amazon purchases, 2% at restaurants, gas stations and drugstores, and 1% on all other purchases.
- Trade-In Program: Amazon will buy your used items in exchange for Amazon gift cards. They’ll even pay for shipping. It’s a win-win.
So there you have it, a treasure map to the land of Amazon discounts. Happy hunting and remember: the only thing better than finding what you’re looking for on Amazon is getting it at a killer price.
How To Get Discounts When Shopping on Meesho
For all you digital marketplace enthusiasts out there, it’s time we talked about Meesho, the rising star of India’s online shopping platforms.
They’ve got an intriguing twist: a reselling feature that enables you to earn a profit from their products.
But what if you just want to shop and score some deals for yourself?
Well, buckle up, because here comes the definitive guide to saving money on Meesho.
- Join the Platform: The first step to accessing discounts on Meesho is simply to join the platform. You can register with your Facebook or Google account. Easy peasy.
- Use Referral Codes: Meesho has a nifty referral system. When signing up, use a friend’s referral code and you’ll get a discount on your first order. Got no friends on Meesho? Don’t worry, a quick internet search can help you find some codes.
- Look for Discounts and Offers: Meesho often runs discounts and special offers on various products. Keep an eye on their “Offers” section, which you can access from their homepage. The discounts can be pretty steep, saving you a good chunk of change.
- Free Shipping Products: Shipping costs can quickly inflate the cost of a seemingly cheap product. Fortunately, Meesho has a category for products with free shipping. Navigating to this category can save you those extra charges.
- Become a Reseller: Here’s the cool part about Meesho. By becoming a reseller, you can earn a profit on every sale you make. You simply share the catalog of products with your network, take orders, and add your margin to the price. You don’t have to handle the logistics. Meesho takes care of delivery, and you pocket the profit.
- Download the App: Shopping through the Meesho app can get you extra discounts and early access to sales. The app occasionally gives out promo codes and has app-only deals, so it’s worth the download.
- Follow Meesho on Social Media: Like many companies, Meesho announces sales, discounts, and special offers on their social media accounts. Follow them on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter to stay updated.
- Participate in Contests: Meesho hosts various contests on their social media platforms and within their app. Participating in these can earn you discount vouchers or even free products.
- Shop during Festive Seasons: Major Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi, Raksha Bandhan, and Eid usually come with major sales on Meesho. Timing your shopping can result in substantial savings.
- Buy in Bulk: If you’re shopping for a large group (like a wedding or big event), buying in bulk on Meesho can fetch you discounts. Just reach out to their customer service for the details.
There you go. Ten steps to becoming a Meesho money-saving master. Remember, the trick is to be vigilant, proactive, and always on the lookout for a good deal. Happy shopping, folks!
Remember, online shopping is a bit like running a marathon, not a sprint.
It’s about strategy, not speed. So take your time, do your research, and remember – just because it’s in your cart, doesn’t mean you need to buy it.
Stay savvy, shoppers!