Opening a bank account is the first step to a cashless society in India. Indian Government has been pushing the idea of cashless society by encouraging everyone to open a bank account in India. Less cash, less black money, better economy.
Now, if you’ve been wondering how you can start a bank account in India, here are somethings you should know. They are really easy and straight forward.
- You can start a bank account just with a photo and signature (or thumb impression)
- You don’t need anyone to “introduce” you to open a bank account.
- You can just walk in with an Aadhar card and walk out with a bank account.
- Don’t have a proper ID? No worries, you can start even a “small account”.
- If your ID shows one address, and if you’re staying elsewhere, you can still open a bank account at the new place.
- You don’t need a PAN card to open a bank account.
- Any of these six documents can be used to open a bank account.
So, there you have it. Opening a bank account anywhere in India is really just a simple process. Provided you have the right documents, you can just walk in to any bank and walk out with a new account. Even if your address is in Kanya Kumari and you are working in Delhi, it shouldn’t stop you from getting a bank account.
Source – RBI