American Express has collaborated with MakeMYTrip to come out with a credit card that offers numerous benefits for travelers. People who often travel often or go on holidays can make use of the benefits that come with this card. Considering the popular trend of online booking this card is apt for this current time and is definitely worth investing in. You can make your daily purchases without having to carry cash and make points as you spend.
American Express MakeMyTrip Credit Card Benefits
– The cardholder gets 9000 worth coupon from Makemytrip as a welcome gift.
– By booking tickets with Makemytrip.com you avail one cashback point for every Rs 100 spent.
– You also make 2 reward points for booking tickets with makemytrip.com
– On annual spending 1.25 lakhs with the card you avail MMT coupons worth 2000 and on annual spend of 2.5 lakhs you get coupons worth 5000.
– You can always make use of EMI facility and make the credit card payment in simple small installments.
– The card also gives you the privilege of getting discounts and rebates from restaurants bills.
– You can also avail add on cards for your family members but it will cost you Rs 750 per card.
– Register with ezeclick.com and get a chance to do swift shopping from across 6500 online web portals using one single ID.
Eligibility for American Express MakeMyTrip Credit Card
The cardholder must be 18 years and above.
For salaried professionals they must earn more than 6 lakhs annually.
They must have a savings or a current bank account in India.
The cardholder must have a good credit history.
In case of self-employed professionals they must be employed in this field for more than one year.
Fees & Charges
|Intial Fee||Rs. 750|
|Annual Fee||Rs. 1500|
|Interest rate||3.5% p.m., (42% p.a.)|
One passport size photo
American Express MakeMyTrip Credit Card Review – Pros
– For business professionals who travel a lot, this card is quite useful.
– The travel benefits are good and cash back on booking with makemytrip is promising.
– The EMI facility makes it convenient to pay off even high credit card bills.
– On spending 1.25 lakhs annually with this card and avail coupons from it. This limit is not high and can be easily attained on making all purchases with the card.
– For heavy spending customers an annual spend of 2.5 lakhs you get coupons worth 5000 which is also beneficial.
– Dining benefits of 20% is also pretty good for all.
– The annual fee of Rs. 1500 is a little high but considering the benefits availed form the card it is reasonable.
– The interest rate on the credit card is 3.5% p.m., (42% p.a.).It is not very high but again the customers have to pay for the services used.
– This card is only beneficial for people who travel often.
I wouldn’t recommend it if you are not a big MakeMyTrip user. Check out other credit cards here.