Looking for the best health insurance plans for visitors to USA? Here are your best options.
It is a well-known fact that healthcare in the United States is expensive. But, did you know that it is one of the costliest healthcare systems in the world?
It is a common misconception that health insurance is for older people. The reality is that medical emergencies do not see age or gender when they strike. So, to keep yourself from incurring huge expenses on medical contingencies, it is best to secure yourself with a good plan.
There are a few things to consider when choosing the best health insurance plan for visitors to the US. The first is whether you need insurance for your entire trip or just for part of it. If you’re only visiting for a short time, you may not need insurance at all.
The second is what kind of coverage you need. Do you need comprehensive coverage, which covers most medical expenses, or just basic coverage, which covers emergency medical expenses?
The third is what your budget is. There are a variety of health insurance plans available, so you’ll need to decide how much you’re willing to spend. Once you’ve considered these factors, you’ll be able to choose the best health insurance plan for your needs.
When you are visiting the USA, you should purchase a travel health insurance plan to cover your medical expenses while you are in the country. You can purchase a travel health insurance plan from a variety of sources, including your home country’s embassy or consulate in the USA, your travel agent, or online.
Why you should get a health insurance plan when visiting USA
There are many benefits of having a health insurance plan for visitors to the USA. Some of these benefits include:
- Health insurance plans can provide financial protection in the event of an unexpected medical emergency while visiting the USA.
- They can help cover the costs of medical care and treatment while in the USA.
- They can help provide peace of mind and security while traveling.
- They can help ensure that visitors to the USA have access to quality medical care and treatment.
- They help reduce the financial burden of medical care and treatment while in the USA.
How to choose the right health insurance plan
Some features to look for in a health insurance plan when visiting the USA include:
- Coverage for medical emergencies
- Coverage for hospitalization
- Coverage for prescription medications
- Coverage for pre-existing conditions
- Coverage for routine check-ups and preventive care
You will want to make sure that the plan covers medical emergencies. Second, you will want to make sure that the plan covers the cost of any medications that may be needed during a medical emergency. Finally, you will want to make sure that the plan covers the cost of any transportation that may be needed to get the visitor to a medical facility.
Best Health Insurance Plans for USA
Let’s start with the first one.
Patriot America Plus
- This policy is provided by the International Medical Group and offers coverage for a period of 5 days to 365 days.
- You can choose the maximum limit per period of coverage from $50,000, $100,000, or $500,000.
- Options for individual deduction can be as low as $100 and as high as $2500.
- This policy also features co-insurance within the United States, although any medical treatment received outside the US is not co-insured.
- Policyholders are eligible for benefits for both inpatient and outpatient expenses, as well as a wide variety of emergency benefits, such as medical evacuation, emergency reunion, return of mortal remains, return of minor children, and more.
Liaison Continent – A
- This policy is provided by Seven Corner and covers you for 5 to 187 days, depending on your plan.
- Each person insured under this policy can choose maximum medical coverage of $50,000, $100,000, $500,000 or $1,000,000.
- Deductibles for families range from $0 to $100, $250, $500, $1,000 and $2,500, over a maximum of 3 coverage periods.
- Coinsurance is applicable both inside and outside the United States under various plans, for each period of coverage.
- Hospital boarding benefits up to $150 per night are available for a maximum of 30 days per occurrence, outside the United States.
- Other benefits include coverage for political evacuation, terrorism, emergency reunion, return of the minor child, medical evacuation, and more.
- Provided by Tokio Marine HCC, this policy allows deductibles of $0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 or $2,500 per certificate period.
- You can get coverage for 5 days to 364 days, with a maximum coverage limit of $50,000, $100,000, $200,000, $500,000, $1,000,000, or $2,000,000, for individuals below 70 years. People aged 70 and 79 years can get coverage of $50,000 or $100,000, while those who are 80 or older get $10,000.
- Along with other general benefits, the policy also offers a unique pet return coverage for up to $1,000 to return pets home if the owner is hospitalized.
- This is another comprehensive insurance plan from Seven Corner that covers you for up to 45 days.
- For every coverage period, you get maximum medical benefit for $50,000, $100,000, $500,000, or $1,000,000.
- The deductibles per person per period of coverage are $0, $100, $250, $500, $1,000 and $2,500 for the entire family.
- Read the policy brochure for more information.
How much does a visitor health insurance plan cost?
Visitor health insurance plans can vary greatly in terms of cost, depending on a number of factors such as the length of coverage, the age of the visitor, and the level of coverage. However, as a general rule of thumb, visitor health insurance plans in the USA tend to cost between $30 and $100 per month.
Do visitor health insurance cover pre-existing conditions?
No, visitors, health insurance does not cover pre-existing conditions.
Who is eligible for visitors health insurance?
Visitors health insurance is typically available to non-residents who are visiting the United States for a short period of time.
Other insurance policies that can protect you and your family in the USA while traveling, with equally comprehensive benefits, are listed here.
All the best!